In May, the Maine Municipal Employees Health Trust will be conducting five Administrative Workshops at locations throughout the state. These workshops are designed to support employees who are responsible for the day-to-day billing and enrollment functions for their participating employer with the Maine Municipal Employees Health Trust. There is no charge to attend these workshops, and we encourage you to attend. New administrators may find this workshop especially helpful.
The workshops will provide you with information about these and other important topics:
- Determining who is eligible for coverage.
- Enrolling new employees and when coverage begins
- Reporting changes in employee salaries
- How and when to terminate benefits.
- Reconciling the monthly Health Trust bill.
- Annual Open Enrollment options
You may wish to review the MMEHT Guide to Billing and Enrollment prior to attending the workshop. The Guide was updated in 2017.
This year’s Administrative Workshops will be held on the following dates. All workshops run from 9am-11am:
- Wednesday, May 2 – Maine Municipal Association 60 Community Dr. Augusta
- Thursday, May 3 – Auburn City Hall Council Chambers 60 Court St, Auburn
- Wednesday, May 9 – Orono City Hall 59 Main St, Orono
- Thursday, May 10 – Presque Isle City Hall 12 Second St, Presque Isle
- Wednesday, May 16 – South Portland Recreation Ctr. 21 Nelson Rd, South Portland